Sunday, November 4, 2012

Hello Colorado!

We've finally made it out to Colorado Springs! We're currently living in a hotel but after a week of constant apartment/home tours and a whole lot of stress, we've finally found an apartment! Hopefully we'll be moving in early this week if everything goes well.

Moving has been quite the adventure, we had to delay driving to Colorado from Kansas because Remi was extremely sick. We ended up taking him to the emergency animal hospital on Kansas State's campus. $400 and a ton of pain meds later we still didn't have a definite answer but everyone's guess was that he had torn a muscle in his back. Luckily the pain meds have seemed to help and he seems to be feeling a lot better.

Fernando's truck all packed up to leave Kansas!



The last night I was in Ohio a bunch of my friends went out to dinner at House of Hunan. Lily insisted on bringing the creepiest doll ever. She also thinks Taylor Swift and I are the same person... haha


Creepy doll!



First hotel in Kansas, I missed my kitties! 



Remington wearing Fernando's Army Achievement Medal!



Army dog! Everyone in Fernando's unit in Kansas loved Remington!


The best dog park ever! Bear Creek Dog Park in Colorado Springs. It's 25 acres and a spring runs through it and pools in different areas. Remi absolutely loved it.





We're really looking forward to exploring Colorado more, we already love it here, there's so much to do! I'm having more trouble acclimating to the altitude (lots of nose bleeds) than Fernando. I think his body got used to Alaska since he was there for 3 years. My lame butt has only lived in Ohio and Kansas (thrilling huh!?) so I'm thinking it's going to take me awhile to acclimate. 

We love and miss you all! We'll see all you Ohio people (and anyone coming to my bridal shower) at Thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment